česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Hojsova Stráž

Rumpelmühle

Rumpel´s mill was an allotment which historically extended to the road at the church in Hojsova Stráž and included the buildings no. 7, 8, 3, 4 a 5. The plot was bought by Hans Bayerl from Hans Hoffman living in the building no. 3 for 115 gold coins on 19th May 1677. On 18th May 1679, an equipped mill and its farm building were transferred to Bayerl´s wife Magdalena, a widow after Andreas Cantor of Kochánov, for a lifetime use. On 3rd May 1695, for 240 gold coins the mill was transferred to Hans´ son Adam Bayerl. In 1756 it came onto his son Josef Bayerl and two years after onto Josef´s son Jiří. Jiří transferred it to his son Václav in 1780. The mill was then inherited for 1.104 golden coins by Hans Michl Bayerl who left it to his son Jan Jiří in 1824. In 1830, the mill burnt down. However, Jan Jiří rebuilt it and made it work again. On 14th January 1846, it was transferred to his son Joser Bayerl for 2.270 gold coins. Due to the fire, the last two holders of the mill ended up in financial difficulties and debts resulting in Josef Bayerl selling the mill in 1867 to Petr Zeler, a son of a farmer of Weferhof. The mill was named after his nickname as Rumpelmühle. Petr was a great musician and a leader of a local music group for 30 years. He did not care much of the mill, his biggest hobby being music. The neglected mill was bought by Petr Wierer of Bartlhuishof who early after sold it again to his brother-in-law Karl Zelzer of Zelzerhof. Neither had he kept the mill for longer. He soon sold it to Jiří Zellner of Handlhof at Prenet. Bayerl´s and Zellner´s families belonged to old families who settled down in here after the Thirty Years´ War in the 17th century. Their last members were sent to Germany during 1945 and 1946. There used to be a chapel standing at the Rumpelmühl. It was allegedly older and larger than the original wooden little church in Hojsova Stráž. A mass was served in here at a parish fair by a chaplain from Dešenice. It was as popular as the one served at the Chapel of St. Kunhuta at Prenet.

GPS position

N 49° 13.238', E 13° 12.186'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Město Železná Ruda
Milan Kříž
Tel.:602293443
e-mail:kriz@zeleznaruda.cz
http://