česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Tabor thirteen places

Příběnice and Příběničky - castle ruins

Ruins of these castles established by the Rožmberk Family in the 13th century, are situated on a steep rock in a bend of the River Lužnice. In 1420 Příběnice was seized by the Hussites and in November 1420 and after the reconciliation of the Tábor community with Emperor Sigismund in 1437, the Community of Tábor concluded a contract with Oldřich of Rožmberk on the basis of which both the castles, Příběnice and Příběničky were destroyed. Only a part of an octagonal tower and foundations of the main buildings remain of Příběnice. Tourists usually reach the ruins on foot, setting off from the Čelkovice Bridge in Tábor and following a 10.5 km long path along the left bank of the Lužnice to Příběnice. From Příběnice they can continue to Bechyně.

Zřícenina hradu Příběnice

Zřícenina hradu Příběnice

Příběnická skála

Příběnická skála

GPS position

N 49° 23.627', E 14° 33.613'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Město Tábor
Ing. Michala Svitáková
Tel.:381 486 497
e-mail:michala.svitakova@mutabor.cz
http://www.taborcz.eu