česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Sedmihoří - Valcha

Sedmihoří

Prostiboř is first mentioned in 1115. However, the municipality was previously about the first half of the 11th century. In this period continued Slavic settlement from the central parts of Bohemia to the west along the river and trade route from Prague to Bavaria. The village was declared a village conservation area, in which are preserved some interesting buildings.

Its landmark is the church. Nicholas. Already in 1356 it was mentioned as a parish. Originally a Gothic building was rebuilt in the Baroque period, when it added a tower dating from 1753 to 1756. The tower is equipped with a bell cast 1551. The church used to be a cemetery. Its range proves preserved stone wall.

Southeast of the village on the green path stood the castle. Expected emergence of the castle in the 13th century, the first mention is from roku1235. This noble and insignificant castle was bergfritového type. This is a typical 13th castles and 14 century. The head of the castle was a tower, which served as the last refuge of the defenders of the castle. Therefore, mostly only accessible by bridge or ladder, which defenders could be easily removed.

The castle was a better defense capability built on a granite promontory above the river Úhlavkou. Neighborhood Territory Sedmihorského domes lies largely outside the boundaries of the Geopark, but from a geological point of view, an important regional phenomenon. Circular body with a diameter of five kilometers, which is built of several kinds of granites of Carboniferous age (about 350 million years ago), which rise above the surrounding landscape consisting of chert and schist arising in starohorách. The area has significantly concentric zonal structure with Mezholezskou basin at its center. This is due to the varying resistance of rock. Outer zone built biotic porphyritic granite creates striking geomorphological marginal ring vertices. Granite outer ring is light gray, medium-grained rock with abundant phenocrysts of potassium feldspar. The matrix is present in quartz, biotite and muscovite lesser extent, the quantity of which increases towards the center of the intrusion. Are diverse and minerals, except zircon, apatite, titanite and pyrite is of granite known as fluorite and tourmaline. The inner zone builds biotite-muscovite granite, whitish to ocher-gray, medium to coarse grained, which rarely contains burrs potassium feldspar. The main difference from the outer zone is stable presence of muscovite. Feldspar granite in this zone are weakly affected kaolinization, and therefore easier to rock weathers. It makes creating depressions along the inside of the ring. The core of the intrusion then builds turmalinicko-muscovite granite. It is grained, whitish gray rock that contains only minor burrs of potassium feldspar. The rock is characterized by an increased proportion of tourmaline, which consists of black beans and columns with up to 4 mm. This granite is more durable than granite interior zones, and therefore creates a striking elevation shaded hill in the center diapir.

Age is documented as Variscan (Carboniferous). The local granite penetrate the elderly, probably Proterozoic, rocks, which on contact with them morph on the cornea and similar rocks. These are then characterized by fine grained textures and extraordinary hardness.

GPS position

N 49° 39.215', E 12° 53.873'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]