česky english deutsch <<<

Konstantinovy Lázně

Břetislav - nakládka kamene

Břetislav is now part Konstantinovy Lazne. The first mention of the village dates from 1379. When the great fire of 1870 burned around most houses, including farm yard, brewery and tavern. Life in the village affected railway Pňovany – Bezdružice, which merged with the surrounding community. The track in these places are the remnants of the defunct quarry the Hradišťský hill loading ramps. Here mined basalt, more nefelinitický basanites, which was the result of Tertiary volcanic activity. It took place at the interface between older and younger Tertiary. Thanks to molten lava penetrated cracks in older rocks to the surface, often as a volcano. A volcano is just Hradišťský Hill. In the quarry there was mined and crushed rock. Processed material was transported to the catchment lift ramp, where it was loaded on wagons. Those are filled up to twenty a day. From the local stone trim around the Austro-Hungarian Empire, but even into Turkey. Benefited mainly the construction of roads and railways. The cable car stopped serving at the beginning of the 50th years, when the carrier cable breaking. In 1956 it was dismantled and siding. Car led the way, suggesting Průsek forest that leads toward the quarry.

The local area is made up of basalt, but graphitic phyllites. He is much older than the aforementioned basalt and belongs to the younger Proterozoic metamorphic rocks. It is striking foliation. Thanks to permeate phyllites mineral waters that bubble up in several places. Best known around the Fountain of Love. By the banks of the creek are again Břetislavského subtle springs of mineral water containing hydrogen sulphide. Brown to orange color caused by iron oxides, which is enriched water. These fall into the dissolving minerals that are blended phyllites.

GPS position

N 49° 52.245', E 12° 58.342'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]