česky english polski <<< >>>

Naučná stezka Říčansko

The Chapel of Virgin Mary

Basic information The Chapel of Virgin Mary can be found near the main road from Raškovice to Skalice, close to the border between these two parishes in Kamenec district. The chapel was built in 1902, reconstructed in 2001–2 and consecrated again in 2003. Matters of interest According to the legend, there was a mother with a blind child. Mother Mary came to her in a dream and told her she should find a spring with healing water. When the mother found the place from her dream, the spring´s water made her child see again. In order to express her gratitude, the woman let stand a chapel at that spring.

Useful information

Contact information Regional Authority of the Moravian-Silesian Region Department of the Environment and Agriculture 28. října 117, 702 18 Ostrava www.kr-moravskoslezsky.cz Phone: +420 595 622 297

Raškovice Basic School and Kindergarten Raškovice 18 739 07 Raškovice Written by Barbora Vlochová 7.A and Dana Kuriplachová, EVVO coordinator of Raškovice Basic School and Kindergarten

GPS position

N 49° 59.504', E 14° 39.107'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Muzeum Říčany
Kateřina Čiháková
Tel.:323 603 161
e-mail:katerina.cihakova@muzeum.ricany.cz
http://