česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Walking In Veseli

CHAPEL OF HOLY SPIRIT

The first record of Milokost dates back to 1371. The village was part of the Ostroh estate until 1849, when it was integrated into the Uherske Hradiste district. Since 1950 it has been part of the Veseli nad Moravou municipality.

The idea of building their own chapel in Milokost is quite old but the villagers had to wait a long time to see it happen. The construction was finally initiated by a voluntary association of citizens after a big flood in 1997, which destroyed part of Milokost.

The cornerstone, blessed by the Archbishop of Olomouc, Jan Graubner, was laid on 6th June 1998. Local people from Milokost and the Veseli parish contributed financially, but they were also actively involved in the construction work. The building was designed by Ivo Ondracka and decorated with the ceramic “Stations of the Cross” (donated by the local potter Vladimir Gros) and the altar painting (by painter Milan Kocis).

The 150kg bell (Panna Maria) on the 19.7m high bell tower is the work of bell caster Josef Tkadlec from Halenkov. The chapel, dedicated to the Holy Spirit, was consecrated on 10th June 2000.

GPS position

N 48° 58.009', E 17° 23.876'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Vzdělávací a informační středisko Bílé Karpaty, o.p.s.
Marie Petrů
Tel.:518 322 545
e-mail:visbk@bilekarpaty.cz
http://