česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Bohemian Gate Trail

Chapel of St. Mary

The chapel was built in 1759 by Ondrej Waldman on the site of a Celtic, later a Slavic, fortress. The original wooden chapel was built on stone foundation and later rebuilt to its present form. It was consecrated in 1875. Residents from the surrounding villages started to celebrate the “Hradecke festivities” here in 1818. A Holy Mass was held in the chapel, after which the festivities started.
During the 1990s, the chapel was reconstructed by local parishioners. Even followers from Moravia made monetary contributions towards the chapel reconstruction.
The residents of Velke Zernoseky initiated great efforts to restore the “Hradecke festivities” during 1998 and 1999. At this time the village celebrated 780 years of the first written reference to the village (1218) in the Charter of Litomerice´s Chap­ter of St. Stepan (Stephen). The Holy Mass was held according to the tradition but the “Hradecke festivities” didn´t follow due to the presence of a large population of forest ant, which is widely spread in this area.

Kaple sv. Marie pod Strážištěm

Kaple sv. Marie pod Strážištěm

Kaple sv. Marie

Kaple sv. Marie

Pohled do kapličky

Pohled do kapličky

Useful information

www.portabohemica.cz

www.mesta.obce.cz/velkezernoseky/

GPS position

N 50° 33.153', E 14° 3.340'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Památky jinak, o.s.
Věra Gruntorádová
Tel.:774114586
e-mail:pamatkyjinak@gmail.com
http://www.pamatky-jinak.webnode.cz