česky english deutsch polski <<<

Welcome to CHKO Jeseníky


Iron-mills were first built at the location of today’s village of Karlovice, around which the village of Hütten (Hutě) later arose. Mentioned in the years 1558 and 1615. It disappeared during the Thirty Years’ War. At the beginning of the 18th century, the village was rebuilt and new iron-works were constructed. Until 1848, the village was part of the Krnov district. For a short time in 1918, the village became part of the German province of Sudetenland. Today, we can see here the Baroque Church of St John of Nepomuk, the museum – Kosárna (Scythe workshop), the site of the former Protestant graveyard with chapel. Freudenštejn (Freudenstein) – a ruined castle on the foreland south of the village. Among other trails, you can also visit the newly built History and Nature of Karlovice nature trail, Mořské oko, Masaryková stezka (Masaryk’s trail), the Karlovice nature reserve – north etc.

Files to download

01 Kane lesni Karlovice.mp3


Caption: 01 Kane lesni Karlovice.mp3

Size: 442 kB

GPS position

N 50° 6.330', E 17° 26.790'



Mgr.Kateřina Kočí