česky english deutsch polski <<< >>>

Welcome to CHKO Beskydy


Lidečko lies in the Senice river valley, whose path forms the boundary between the Vizovické vrchy and Javorniky uplands. The highest point in the municipality is Krajčice (730 m above sea-level). The Baroque Church of St Catherine of Sinai was erected in 1700 at the location of the original church from 1511. The statue of St John of Nepomuk dates to 1753 and the Baroque stone cross to 1756. The building known as Fojtství (a type of wealthy farmstead) was transferred to the Wallachian Museum at Rožnov pod Radhoštěm in 1968. The Čertovy skály (Devils Rocks) is a protected natural sandstone rock formation, above which is the peak of Kopce hill (699 m above sea-level) with the ruins of an ancient fort. Čertovy skály is used for training by rock-climbers. The local countryside is ragged and hilly with a mosaic of woods, meadows and pasture home to a number of rare plants and animals.

www.lidecko.cz www.lidecko.hornolidecsko.cz e-mail: lidecko@centrum.cz

GPS position

N 49° 12.182', E 18° 3.078'



Mgr.Kateřina Kočí