česky english deutsch polski <<< >>>


Kateřinice stronghold

In the southern part of the village near the forest Hájek stood on a small hill fortress. Written evidence of r. 1476, but as a fortress was probably already in the 14th century. At the beginning of 17. St. It was a single-storey stone building with many rooms protected pond. When the fortress is cited economic (ie. Upper) court, stables, a brewery and two large orchard.

At the end of the 17th century. The pond was canceled and a water tower rebuilt the castle, where there were large shed (with cutter straw driven animal power) Svince, large wooden barn with underpass into the yard, shed, building Safari and the servants' hall. West of the castle became a sheepfold (no. P. 70, now residential building) with a production of cheese and cheese. Around the numerous ponds that are stretched to the village.

GPS position

N 49° 39.900', E 18° 11.052'



Geopark Podbeskydí / Občanské sdružení Hájenka
Ing. Dalibor Kvita