česky english deutsch polski <<< >>>

Kravařsko

Stone pillory

Stone pillory stands on the main road near the house with no.. 72 across from the former castle garden. Torso pole is located on a single-stage step. On smooth shank is still preserved iron eye used in the past for attaching the chain. This column (popularly also called the executioner column) is lower reminder of the Criminal Law of the Old Jičína which he belonged from the 14th century to r. 1729 (has been assigned Jicin).

Representative rights in the village used to be a magistrate, a person plea. On it was allowed every turn, and he had to hear. Small things like shouting, quarreling, the magistrate judge himself. Bigger things like robbery, theft, murder, adultery, connections with evil spirits judged purkmistr with the aldermen attended by a magistrate, who led the court book. The accused was interrogated using torture. When he did not want to admit it, straining the eye, on the rack and break his bones. After examination of the file you sent to a higher court to Hlubčice in Silesia and later in Olomouc. In these courts sentencing without seeing the accused and the penalty imposed was then executed on Stary Jicin.

GPS position

N 49° 34.640', E 17° 57.764'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Geopark Podbeskydí / Občanské sdružení Hájenka
Ing. Dalibor Kvita
Tel.:604526114
e-mail:hajenka@centrum.cz
http://