česky english deutsch polski <<< >>>


Sedlnice - rectory

The former late-Baroque parish is in the S neighborhood church. Michael (built from 1824 to 1826 in Baroque style on the site of the original wooden church, the main altar and the largest of the three bells dedicated to St. Michael). Storey building with a rectangular layout and a mansard roof let in r. 1784 by Countess Canale, nee Chotková. Construction was completed in r. 1791 and handed over to the church. Original purpose of the building was used to r. 1979 when he was Olomouc Archdiocese sold into private ownership. Vicarage is well maintained, but inaccessible to the public.

The village Sedlnice (German Sedlnitz) extends along both banks of the river Sedničky. Originated as two separate villages, has been put in writing r. 1267: Manx Sedlnice on the right bank and Sedlnice Hereditary on the left bank. The village was located and found several historic buildings and farmyards, wind and water mills, a brewery, a hat factory and factory sports equipment (witnesses information next to the station), close to the station was also a brickyard.

GPS position

N 49° 39.564', E 18° 5.138'



Geopark Podbeskydí / Občanské sdružení Hájenka
Ing. Dalibor Kvita