česky english deutsch >>>

Napajedelsko

Napajedla

Napajedla

The first written mention of Napajedla is from 1362. A fortress called “castle” (castrum) was mentioned in 1366. In 1611, Jan Jakub of Rotal bought the manor and established six new villages in the surroundings, all settled by Moravian Wallachians. One of the most important monuments of the town is the castle, a three-winged building in Louis XVI style from the years 1764–1769, with Baroque ornamentation and a park in French and English style. St. Bartholomew’s Chur­ch with sculptures of St. Peter and St. Paula is a Baroque building from 1712 and has a staircase from the year 1754. The statues around the church – St. Cyril, St. John, St. Václav, St. Ludmila and Virgin Mary – date from the 19th century.

Other significant architectural monuments in Napajedla include two Baroque houses, nos. 65 and 74. The Neo-Renaissance town hall is an important building designed by architect Dominik Fey from Uherské Hradiště in 1905. It possesses ornaments by Franta Uprka (statue of St. George) and Jano Köhler (ceramic ornaments on the clock-face). On top of Kalvárie hill are three stone crosses, three chapels, and relics of Stations of the Cross built by Jáchym Rotal in 1731.

GPS position

N 49° 10.443', E 17° 30.836'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Expedice Chřiby
Jaroslav Hrabec
http://