česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Horní Počernice

Svépravice

Svépravice – today, on the basis of its integration in 1943, a part of the Horní Počernice municipality, together with Chvaly, Čertousy, Xaverov and Horní Počernice, to some extent has, its own history. According to archaeological findings, the first nomadic settlement on the territory of Svépravice and specifically on the northern slopes of the Svépravický Stream dates back to 4500 BC. The written record concerning Svépravice dates from 1420 and records its confiscation by Praguers and its subsequent donation to the Church of St. Michal in the New Town. In the history of Svépravice 1652 was an important year, in which Chvaly and Svépravice became the property of the Jesuit Order, to whom Charles University had already been handed over. The Jesuit Order, as the only authority, connected all the villages into one unit. In 1675 the Jesuits also bought the village of Šestajovice and in 1683 a farmstead in Satalice as well. This situation changed after 1773 when the Jesuit College was abolished by Emperor Joseph II. and the Order in general was prohibited. Its property was then passed on to the „Provincial Education Fund“, established for the maintenance of schools. Svépravice, or Horní Počernice, became a town on the basis of a decision by the National Committee of Central Bohemia of the 27th December 1968 with effect from the 1st January 1969. An urban emblem was approved for Horní Počernice that is part of a series of towns and villages connected to Prague. It symbolically refers to the significant horse-breeding establishment in Xaverov and the agricultural focus of the original three villages.

GPS position

N 50° 6.125', E 14° 35.965'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Jiří Mitošinka
http://