česky english deutsch >>>

Welcome to the Educational Trail Pernink!

Municipal Building

The Stop situation in the map

The Mining town Pernink (German Bärringen) is first mentioned in 1532. At his cradle stood Earl Henry IV, owner of the Ostrov estate and representative of entrepreneurial and to mining inclined Schlick Family. Like all settlements in the neighbourhood originated also Pernink in connection with the findings of tin, silver and iron ores. Tin ore according to legend, had to dig out a bear (Bär in German) near the Černý rybník Pond on the way to Bludná. This event should give the name Pernink (original title Peringer); however it is more probably derived from the surname, or from the origin of its first inhabitants. The name Bärringen became established in the mid-19th century. The bear, however, still get into the municipal coat of arms – except mining symbols and Schlick shield on it shows a bear climbing the tower and holding ring in the mouth.

Municipal coat of arms

During the first decades after its creation, Pernink developed rapidly due to mining industry. In 1559 received it from Joachim Schlick another town privileges and in 1562 city rules. The town at that time had about 50 houses. After the Thirty Years War extraction of metals has fallen sharply, and although had gone in the early 19th century, its significance was only secondary. In the 19th Pernink century became an important centre of the textile industry – of production bobbin and later machine laces, linen, cotton and other goods, as well as developing the glove industry. Since the early 20th century the village became a popular winter sports resort.

Municipal Building around 1900

The house No. 1, in front of which you are located, originally served as a profitable inn. In 1797 the city council purchased it and established there the town hall. In 1924, to the house was built a cinema. The building serves as the municipal office today; there are located also Information Centre, Registry and Building Authority.

Side tract of the town hall with former entrance for carriages

This text was written by Michal Urban.

Useful information

Next stop: Public Granary

GPS position

N 50° 21.951', E 12° 46.954'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]