česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Town Museum Františkovy Lázně

The Mining Museum Krásno

The Mining Museum in Krásno is located on the site of the old Vilém (Wilhem) tin mine, which was in operation with intervals until the 1990s. The ore dressing works, a workshop building, a headframe, a mineshaft building, a machine room, a gatehouse and the structure of one of the oldest transformer stations in the country are still preserved there. The main museum building across the street served in the 18th and 19th centuries as tin ore processing plant.

Building of present museum at the beginning of 20th century

The main attraction is the mining steam engine 1897 transferred from the Marie Shaft in Královské Poříčí. A presentation is also made of the history of ore and coal mining, the mineralogy and geology of the Slavkovský les Mts.

Mining machine Siemens from the year of 1942 in engine room of the Vilém Shaft

The public also has access to the Vilém mine headframe and the mining buildings. In the machine room has a 1942 Siemens electric mining machine. The mineshaft building has an exhibition of vertical and horizontal mine transport and equipment. Special exhibition is dedicated to mine rescue work. You can also look around an exhibit mine gallery with a length of approximately 40 metres, where we present period cutting equipment and underground tackle. The complex also has an extensive exhibition of 900 mm gauge mine track transport used in surface works in the Sokolov basin and 600 mm gauge transport used in the underground of the Horní Slavkov mining district.

Exhibition of history of mining

Useful information

Address: Hornické muzeum Krásno, Cínová ul. č. 408, CZ 357 47, Krásno

E-mail: zmekova@muzeumsokolov.cz

Tel: +420 606 806 714

Web: www.omks.cz

Open March – October Wednesday – Sunday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.

GPS position

N 50° 6.975', E 12° 47.778'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]