česky english deutsch >>>

Town Museum Františkovy Lázně

Museum Aš

The first museum in Aš was founded in 1892. Exhibited were mainly ceramics, furniture, costumes, weapons, paintings, books and collections donated by the town citizens, which were constantly replenished donations of local burghers and the manufacturers. The museum got its present form in 1966, when was moved to the renovated „castle“, an empire building built by the factory owner Klaubert at the place of the demolished Zedtwitz Castle on the Mikulášský Hill.

Number of collection objects has increased from less than 3,000 in 1975 to present nearly 29,000 pieces, mainly in the field of textile production. The collections contain also paintings, uniforms, militaria, ethnographic, ecclesiastical and liturgical objects. Very valuable is the collection of 1200 watercolors of ethnographer Karel Šrámek. Extraordinary is also a set of 6000 photographs of the Aš region from the mid-19th century to the present. The library collection is focused to professional textile and regional literature.

In the Museum Aš is administrate the central register of stone crosses in the Czech Republic, regional register records of boundary stones and basic documentation of horizontal hydraulic structures. At the museum operates the research society of stone crosses.

The Museum Aš is a part of the funded organization Library and Museum Aš, founded by the Town of Aš.

Useful information

GPS position

N 50° 13.472', E 12° 11.342'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]