česky english deutsch <<<

Educational Mining Trail Přebuz

Church of St. Bartholomew

Educational Mining Trail Přebuz

The Church of St. Bartholomew from 1781 belongs to the Roman-Catholic parish of Kraslice. It is gradually being successfully restored due to the selfless care of native villagers and with donations from the Roman-Catholic Church, the state, region, village and others.

The Church of St. Bartholomew in 1999

The present Church of St. Bartholomew is the third sacral building in Přebuz. It continues the mining tradition, e. g. St. Bartholomew's Adit and Mine from 16th century. The initiative to build the church gave the Emperor Joseph II, who visited Přebuz in 1766. The foundation stone has marked year 1779. The church was built according to the construction plans of Johann Andreas Leistner, who worked for Nostitz Family from Sokolov. According to the Latin inscription on the entry lintel was completed in 1787. The construction for 6541 Gulden was funded by parishes Sokolov, Kraslice, Jindřichovice, Krásná Lípa and Sněžná, authorities provided only timber and 300 Gulden. The church had to build their own parishioners from Přebuz, Rolava and small settlements.

The Renaissance bell from tin alloy

The shrine compiled Cheb sculptor and carpenter for a donation of 100 Gulden from Přebuz citizen Funk. The altar painting „Martyrdom of the Apostle Bartholomew“ painted Jindřichovice painter Sattler. The pulpit was made by a carpenter from Sokolov.

The Baroque organ

In 2012, renovations of the church roof were completed by contributions from state, county, municipality, church and especially donations of German compatriots. As a rule, a solemn mass is held here in the presence of natives, parishioners and pilgrims every Saturday after St. Bartholomew (August 24) at 2:00 p.m.

Repair of the church roof in 2005

This text was written by Petr Rojík.

GPS position

N 50° 21.915', E 12° 37.173'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]