česky english deutsch <<<

Stříbro

Únehle

The pictorial village Únehle has an unforgettable charm. In course of history name of the commune changed from Unyl, to Ounehle and finally Únehle. The original name Unyl stems from the old-Slavic “unyti”, which means „to be tardy or lazy“, or from the word “unylý”, meaning despondent to sad. The name changed to “Unel” by dialect, and later it got the form Únehle. The German designation “Unola” was derived from the Czech one. Surrounding of the commune is formed by rocks of Proterozoic and Carboniferous (prevailing phyllitic shales and graywackes, respectively) together with Quaternary flood-plain sediments. In southern part of the commune also Proterozoic volcanites appear. The surrounding of Pernarec, where the village is located, was settled in Stone Age already. The present commune Únehle has been settled since the Bronze- and Iron Age. Slavs have come to these parts around the year 600 A.D. The Slavic tribe Mžans (Mžané; name related to river Mže) colonized the territory from Plzeň to Přimda. The contemporary settlements were fortified against another West Slavic tribe – Czechs (s. s.). In the years ca. 830 – 845 great confrontations between Mžans and Czechs (s. s.) happened. In 845, 14 Czech dukes let baptize themselves in Regensburg. From the archbishop of Regensburg they obtained power protection and support. First reference to the commune Unyl (as Únehle was called in that time) originates from the year 1115, when ground of the village was donated to the monastery of Kladruby, which had been just founded. In this year is also mentioned an aristocrat Markvart of Únehle. However these grounds did not represent the whole commune, the remaining ground belonged to the king Václav I., who in 1232 donated the village Únehle to another monastery – in Teplá. The owner changed at the latest in 1390, when a Town's book of Stříbro (Stříbrská městská kniha počtů) cites village Únehle as pertinent to the Stříbro domain. Stříbro participated in the revolt against Habsburgs, and as retaliation its communes were confiscated in the year 1547 – including Únehle, which fell within the domain of Trpísty, where it belonged until the year 1850. 

***

***

***

***

***

GPS position

N 49° 47.536', E 13° 0.962'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]