česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Stříbro

Kostel Všech svatých

The first Stribro church allegedly stood on the bank of the river Mze. Because of the advantageous and more defensible position, the town was moved to the ridge formed primarily fylitickými shales and greywackes and protected river Mžíe and Stříbro stream that formed deep cut valleys, on the sides of these rocks stand out in the form of outcrops. With a newly-point located town was built a new church, whose tower served as a military watchtower tower called.

Today, the Church of All Saints constitute the most significant landmark in silver remote and partial views. The history of the present church began in the mid-13th century. In its place stood a Gothic chapel of the same name, which has been reported in 1402 as a parish church. In 1565, the city completed construction of All Saints church in late Gothic style. Of this building now remains tower, west front and part choir. Other parts of the building were the years 1754 – 1757 and rebuilt Baroque style, the church was enlarged extension of the chancel. The conversion was followed by the acquisition interior decoration in fresco from 1760 – 1766.

As already mentioned, the church dominates prismatic late Gothic tower of the original tabernacle. The interior is decorated with rich rococo fresco decoration. The dome of the presbytery is located in the promising architectural backdrop piece Holy Family, designed by FJ Lux from Plzen. Late Baroque altar of 1762 with a statue of God the Father, the sides accompanied by statues of St.. Vitus, St. Wenceslas and St. Adalbert Prokop from a local carver Platzer and images from All Saints Dollhopf. In the tower of the church are suspended three bells. Two large and one small – a death knell. Unfortunately, the original bells survived because they were used during the First World War as a raw material for weapons. Large bell called Bauer (Farmer) was even broken in the tower.

GPS position

N 49° 45.117', E 13° 0.159'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]