česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Sklářská stezka II – okolím Železnorudska

Glassworks in Brunst, Old Brunst

The first glassworks in Brunst was established in 1698 by Hans Jakob Eisner who allegedly shifted the operation here from a closed Hüttenhanselhütte glassworks. It was later handed over to his son Jakob Eisner. There were two operations run in that time, one producing glassbead and the other hollow glass and window wheels. After a short period during which it was run changeably by Eisner´s sons-in-law and other relatives it was managed by Johan Wenzel Adler, the grandson of Georg Jakob Eisner who expanded the production of sheet glass. In 1800, both glassworks were passed over to his son Johann Baptist Adler. The coming deep crisis in Czech glassmaking industry could not be avoided neither in Brunst. Adler´s glassworks was long resisting thanks to export of sheet gall to Spain, Italy and German countries until 1824 when it became bankrupt.

The Adlers´did not give up, though. Johann Benedikt Adler established a new glassworks for mirrors a bit to the south from the original one. It was called New Brunst. Nevertheless, there was little money to finish its construction, which is why he sold it to Johann George Aschler (1777–1842) in the same year who had finances for further investments. Written by PhDr. Jitka Lněničková

Useful information

Important information:

GPS position

N 49° 11.527', E 13° 18.526'



Město Železná Ruda
Milan Kříž