česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Sklářská stezka II – okolím Železnorudska

Píteřík Glassworks, Patterlhütte

Glassworks from Javorná was most probably moved to a place called Eisner Glassworks in about 1698. On maps it was often marked as Pateřík Glassworks. At the beginning of the 18th century it was run by Johann Jakub Eisner and later his two sons, Lorenz and Jakub. It was bought by Josef Adler in 1740 who implemented the production of glassbeads and sheet glass. The glassworks ceased to exist after his death in the middle of the 18th century. Both glassmakers from St. Anna territory, Johan Jakub Eisner as well as Johann Phillip Gerl from Gerl´s Glassworks were to a large extent involved in construction works of St. Anna Chapel in Javorná during the years 1698 and 1700. Javorná hence became the connecting point of all local glassworks, even though in Javorná itself there was no glasswork operation ever since. Tombstones of local glass masters from the 18th and 19th centuries can be found in the chapel. Written by PhDr. Jitka Lněničková

Useful information

Important information:

GPS position

N 49° 12.393', E 13° 18.157'



Město Železná Ruda
Milan Kříž