česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Naučná stezka Třeboň

The Museum

In 2008, after fifty years, the Town of Trebon agreed to restore the museum on an initiative of the Society of Friends of Trebon. The Town provided space for the museum in the old town hall on the square, including the rooms in the tower. The basis of the museum is a permanent gallery of paintings of František Líbal, František Volf and Jan Kojan owned by the town. The gallery is housed in a medium-sized hall with columns. In the other rooms historic pictures of the old Trebon are presented, an old school room recreated and links to medieval Trebon shown. In the area of the tower a burgher room is on display. The hallway shows practicing targets of the Trebon League of Sharpshooters of the 18th and early 19th century. These targets depict old scenes from Trebon and its surrounding, including the holes resulting from target shooting.

museum 02

museum 01

The Society of Friends of Trebon seeks to expand public awareness about life in Trebon and to preserve its historical values and traditions. Its initiative managed to restore a museum that used to be here in the years 1910–1960. During the fifty years of its changing existence the museum was often without staff. The artifacts and displays were packed in crates and after the war, only partially put on display in the building next to the Jindřichův Hradec gate. In 1960, the remains of the old museum closed its door. Its artifacts were stored in several locations around town, including in the old town jail! In the interwar period, the museum was housed in this exact location in the historic town hall, and here it finally returned. Of the original exhibits, a list was made in 1973, but nothing remains.

GPS position

N 49° 0.231', E 14° 46.285'



Společnost Rožmberk o.p.s.
Olga Černá