česky english deutsch polski <<< >>>

Morávka Nature Trail in Skalice

Morávka Nature Trail in Skalice 6

Skalice Municipality

Skalice Municipality is part of Frýdek- Místek District. It does not border with Frýdek- Místek itself but creates an individual enclave. There are three individual settlements included to it – Kamenec, Záhoří and Baštice. The municipality covers the area of 981 ha. The spring of Skaličník Brook rises in the central part of the village right below the St. Martin´s Church. Baštice Brook flows through its southern part extending to the Morávka River in the north. The highest point in the area is Strážnice at the altitude of 438 m. The second largest hill is Vrchy at the altitude of 433 m. The first written record of the village comes from the year 1305. It was then known as Scalicza. The village was owned by the local noble family until 1525, it was administered by the castle hetman of Frýdek. In 1573, it was sold together with the Frýdek dominion to Matyáš and Jiří from Logov. It became the Habsburks´ property afterwards. No sooner than in 1850 did it get into the hands of secular government – at first under the office of Těšín district and since 1902 under the office of Frýdek office. It remained a self-governing municipality up to 1980 when it was connected to the district of Frýdek- Místek.

Points of interest

There is a parish church of St. Martin in the village which is an important cultural monument. It is situated on a little hill creating a dominant feature of the village. It comes from the end of the 16th or the beginning of the 17th century. The first records of the church come from the year 1617. The church is built in a late Renaissance style and has three naves. The first one is probably the residue of a forest chapel mentioned in numerous legends. The second one was built in the 17th century. The third one comes from the years 1844– 1848 and was built in response to the increasing number of parishioners. The church in Skalice was turned into a parish in the year 1785 and comprised the villages of Baška, Janovice, Krásná and major part of Raškovice. During that time the original wooden tower of the church was removed and an Empire cross was added. The parish office was built in the mid of 19th century. You can learn more about the history of Skalice in the local museum.

Kostel – Skalice u FM

Kostel ve Skalici

Useful information


Krajský úřad Moravskoslezského kraje, odbor životního prostředí a zemědělství 28. října 117, 702 18 Ostrava www.kr-moravskoslezsky.cz tel.: +420 595 622 297

Město Frýdek-Místek ul. Radniční 1148 738 22 Frýdek Místek www.frydekmistek.cz/cz/o-meste/

GPS position

N 49° 39.105', E 18° 25.159'



Krajský úřad Moravskoslezského kraje, odbor životního prostředí
Město Frýdek-Místek ul. Radniční 1148 738 22 Frýdek Místek
28. října 117, 702 18 Ostrava
Tel.:+420 595 622 297