česky english deutsch polski <<< >>>

PLA Poodří – memorable arboles

The oak at Horák´s picture

Basic information

The memorable English Oak (Quercus robur) grows at the south-eastern edge of a forest complex called „the Small Forest“ or „Jesenický part“ in Bernartice upon the Oder parish. It is 27 meters high, approximately 250 years old with the trunk circumference 428 cm. The tree was declared memorable in 1994.

Dub u Horákova obrázku

Matters of interest

Bernartice parish was originally an agriculture village. The menial of the lord of the Starojický Castle Bernard was responsible to find settlers for agriculture and this parish got its name after the castle. The first written mention about Bernartice comes from 1374. At first, the parish belonged to Starojická domain and since 1533 to Novojická domain. The late empire Temple of the Visitation of the Holy Mary dominates the parish. It was established in 1975 and changed to its current form in 1837. The Forest Mill with complete mills and water wheel is one of the best-preserved water mills at the Oder river and is another important monument in this parish.

Dub u Horákova obrázku

Chrám navštívení panny Marie

Useful information

Contact information

AOPK ČR, SCHKO Poodří a KS Ostrava Trocnovská 2 702 00 Ostrava Telephone: + 420 596 133 673–4 http://www.poodri.ochranaprirody.cz

GPS position

N 49° 36.766', E 17° 56.364'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

AOPK ČR, SCHKO Poodří a KS Ostrava
Trocnovská 2, 702 00 Ostrava
Tel.:+ 420 596 133 673-4
http://www.poodri.ochranaprirody.cz