česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Okruh Debrník - utajená obrana

Antipersonnel Obstacles

The antipersonnel obstacles which you see here, come from the nearby village Hojsova Stráž – Brčálník. They were placed across the whole Brčálnické Valley. The remains can be found there even today. The defense preparations in 1952–1953 included also the establishment of permanent antipersonnel obstacles. These were built mainly in the forefront of a newly staked main defensive position of the army, and apparently only in such places where it was possible to dig continuous trenches. The structural design of the obstacles was based on the pre-war solutions: anchored pins with one or three eyes were used to attach the barbed wire, and these were buried in the ground in several rows using concrete blocks. Two- to six-rowed obstacles were thus formed. The after-was obstacles are characterized mainly by the variety of used obstacles, coming from the captured stocks of the German army. German three-eyed pins with a ground anchor were used to a great extent, followed by adapted Czechoslovak pre-war pins from which heavy and impractical concrete footings were removed and which were extended by a bar with a ground anchor. To a lesser extent, also Austro-Hungarian and German anchor pins from the First World War were used, which differ mainly in the way of anchoring to the ground, using a helix. The obstacles themselves were built only as a double row (usually with a single row of one-eyed anchor pins in the middle), or as a single row in the form of a fence at little exposed places. Approximately 80km of such barriers were built in total, gradually demolished since the sixties, as they often occupied possible agricultural use.

GPS position

N 49° 7.558', E 13° 12.861'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Město Železná Ruda
Milan Kříž
Tel.:602646780
e-mail:kriz@zeleznaruda.cz
http://