česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Kašperk Castle

Church of St. Markéta

Church of St. Markéta at the square in Kašperské Hory The historical centre of the town is dominated by Dean Church of St. Markéta, originally sacred to St. Linhart. It was built in the half of the 14th century. A 50m-tall tower was connected to the church at the western frontage during its last Neo-gothic reconstruction in 1883. Most of its interior represents Baroque and comes from the 18th century. Visitors will be attracted to a richly-cut altar, one of the most remarkable Baroque sights in the region. Magnificent wall decorations of the entire church are equally impressive. Another important monument reminding of mining age is a large silver monstrance with nuggets of gold from Kašperk Mountain gold mines. The church is open to public at masses and concerts. Apart from that, it is possible to look in through a wrought-iron bar at the entry.

GPS position

N 49° 8.634', E 13° 33.331'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Město Železná Ruda
Milan Kříž
Tel.:602293443
e-mail:kriz@zeleznaruda.cz
http://