česky english deutsch polski <<< >>>

Kojetínské Hills

Church of St. Andrew (339 m)

The municipality of Hodslavice is first mentioned in 1411 and it belonged to the novojičínský estate for a long time. In the lower part, there used to be an autonomous village Rohlina which became extinguished after the Thirty Years War. First record of existence of the church and the pastorate dates back from the 1437. The church was extensively damaged in the late 15th century and in 1523, it was ordered to pay tithing for its reparation. In 1551, the repairs were probably completed and the church consecrated. It is indicated by the inscription „ANNO MD LI, 9 M – D IIII“ (1551, 9th month – 4th day) found in the 2nd half of the 19th century on the rung in the tower. The church is not preserved in its original form. The building is a rare document of late Gothic wooden architecture. In the time of non-Catholics operation (sometime around 1600, but no later than in 1624), more significant design changes were done. Figural decorations came from various periods. In the uppermost part was a well-known „Madonna Hodslavská“ which belongs to the group of „Czech Madonnas around the year 1400.“ The gothic sculpture made from linden wood with a gilded cloak, gold hair and golden crown is now replaced by its copy. A statue of the patron St. Andrew (late Gothic to the Baroque of the 17th century) was placed In the middle of the altar. This statue, along with the statues of the St. Josef Pěstoun and the St. Jakub, were stolen from the church in 1992. GPS: N 49° 32.27828', E 18° 1.34203' Pcr. 1 Exhibition of the Museum Novojičínska in the native house of Fr. Palacký. Pcr. 2 Exhibition of the Museum Novojičínska in the native house of Fr. Palacký.

GPS position

N 49° 32.278', E 18° 1.342'



Geopark Podbeskydí/Občanské sdružení Hájenka
Ing. Dalibor Kvita