česky english deutsch polski >>>

Frenštátsko

Memorial to the Strnadl brothers and Jan Knebl

The museum building is located in a mountain village Trojanovice, local part Karlovice. The memorial was built in 1985–1989 by the municipality Trojanovice and designed by architect Ing. Aleš Krkoška. Previously, there stood a cottage built in 1757. In 1866, sculptor and painter Jan Knebl was born here and his nephews later on: in 1906, writer Bohumir Strnadel Četyna; in 1910, painter Antonin Strnadel; in 1912, writer Josef Strnadel and in 1919, Václav Strnadel. The museum presents their life and work. The exhibition shows the original paintings of Antonín Strnadel, the sculptural work of Jan Knebl and the books of Bohumír and Josef Strnadels. There is also displayed the history of the village including emigration to Texas and way of life in the past. Other interests in the museum: copy of the seal from 1766, male and female folk costume of the Trojanovice inhabitants or Wallachian Christmas crib from 1930 created by sculptor Joseph Knězek from Frenštát.
In 1998, a wooden bell tower was built near the monument. In 2002, a new timber house was built on the site of a barn, designed by architect Ing. Alex Jilek. The building serves as a place for exhibitions or gathering.

GPS position

N 49° 30.578', E 18° 13.829'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Geopark Podbeskydí / Občanské sdružení Hájenka
Ing. Dalibor Kvita
Tel.:604526114
e-mail:hajenka@centrum.cz
http://