česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Straznik

Chapel of Panny Marie Bolestné

The simple chapel (the ship has dimensions of about 10×6 m) of the Panny Marie Bolestné left in 1700 to 1709 to construct three members of Nova Paka town houses with the fact that at the same time agreed to meet expenses on its maintenance. The reward they received the tombs in the chapel interior. The tower was erected in the year 1765 and today it is the oldest local bell hung, espousing a copy until 1615 (at the same time it can be seen the oldest known form of urban character). Front of the chapel is a pair of statues Ecce Homo and Mater Dolorosa (1771). Near the chapel is a contemporary urban cemetery.

GPS position

N 50° 29.499', E 15° 30.859'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Geopark UNESCO Český ráj
Jiří Vlasák
e-mail:vlasak@geopark-ceskyraj.cz
http://www.geopark-ceskyraj.cz