česky english deutsch <<< >>>

Plakanek valley

Vesec

The settlement Vesec is part of the municipality Libošovice, was attached to it in 1964 with other settlement, Nepřívěc. Vesec was founded in the 11th or 12th century.

Time has stoped more than a hundred years ago, it seems that in Vesec. There are 18 cottages (the oldest record of the homestead is still standing from 1578). For each cottage there is a lot of pages of records in the local chronicles. This has delivered a filmmaker in the village was rotated many films in which the local residents played.

Tjere is old lime and memorable sculpture statue depicts the Holy Trinity of God the Father with triangular halo, holding in his hand a crucifix with the body of his son and kneels on the ball, which was a symbol of supreme power. On this ball is a relief dove as a symbol of the Holy Spirit. On the sides of two kneeling angels. This sculpture is one of the masterpieces of the Zeman family. They were folk sculptors. It dates from 1834 and was sculpted from sandstone from quarry, what you visited yet.

GPS position

N 50° 28.801', E 15° 9.305'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Geopark UNESCO Český ráj
Jiří Vlasák
e-mail:vlasak@geopark-ceskyraj.cz
http://www.geopark-ceskyraj.cz