česky english deutsch <<< >>>

ČGS South Bohemia

Dívčí Kámen Castle

Now it is only the ruins of the originally impressive Gothic castle built upon the strategically important rocky coast controlling the Vltava River watercourse as well as the trails around the river. The settlement dates back to the 15th century B.C. But it was not until the 14th century when one of the biggest and most powerful castles of the Rosenberg family was erected here as a centre of the Rosenberg demesne. The castle was abandoned in 1506 upon the decision of Peter V of Rosenberg and it has been referred to as the ruins since 1540. It is located in the middle of the woods giving this spot magic and extraordinary atmosphere. The place is mostly visited by the watermen from the nearby Dívčí Kámen Camp.

GPS position

N 48° 53.383', E 14° 21.500'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Česká geografická společnost
Mgr. Petra Karvánková, Ph.D.
Katedra geografie PF JU v Českých Budějovicích, Jeronýmova 10, 371 15 České Budějovice
Tel.:+420 387 773 063
e-mail:karvikus@seznam.cz
http://