česky english deutsch <<< >>>

ČGS South Bohemia

Stodůlecký Hill

The original name of this small colony Stadlberg referred to “a hayloft on the hill”. The local homesteads were first documented relatively late – in 1757. For a long time, Stadlberg was regarded as a suburb of the nearby small town Pohoří na Šumavě. In 1930, 113 inhabitants used to live here. The Stadlberg colony was also given a Czech name “Stodůlecký Vrch,” not reflecting the original name. After WW II, the Czech part of Stadlberg was destroyed, while the Austrian part has preserved without troubles to the present day. Between 1983–1984, E. Bierampl, an architect, built „Bucherser Gedenkkapelle“ here as a substitute for the “lost” pilgrimage church in Pohoří. The celebration of blessing of this tabernacle was also attended by the Count Ferdinand Buquoy with his wife. The above church also contains the wooden tables with a list of soldiers from the Pohoří parish who were killed during the World War II.

GPS position

N 48° 35.860', E 14° 42.831'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Česká geografická společnost
Mgr. Petra Karvánková, Ph.D.
Katedra geografie PF JU v Českých Budějovicích, Jeronýmova 10, 371 15 České Budějovice
Tel.:+420 387 773 063
e-mail:karvikus@seznam.cz
http://