česky english deutsch <<< >>>

ČGS South Bohemia

Jiřická Water Reservoir

Also called the Pohořský Pond, it lies between the village of Pohorská Ves and the small town of Pohoří na Šumavě. It is supplied with water from the Pohořský Stream which rises beneath the Stodůlecký hill near the Czech border with Austria. The date of its creation is still unclear. What is, however, certain is that the water reservoir was re-built and incorporated in the Novohradská waterway system in 1774. The original area and volume of the Pohořský Pond was 6.27 hectares and 63,000 cubic meters of water. At the time the border zone exists, the damp burst during the flooding and the artificial water reservoir remained without water for many years. In 1996, the water reservoir was restored to retain the original volume of water, along with preserving a part of the wooden stream bottom to prevent the logs from getting caught on the stream bottom.

GPS position

N 48° 37.145', E 14° 40.309'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Česká geografická společnost
Mgr. Petra Karvánková, Ph.D.
Katedra geografie PF JU v Českých Budějovicích, Jeronýmova 10, 371 15 České Budějovice
Tel.:+420 387 773 063
e-mail:karvikus@seznam.cz
http://