česky english deutsch <<< >>>

ČGS South Bohemia

Baron’s Bridge

The gamekeeper’s lodge with half-timbered gables comes from the 19th century and is now used as a boarding house. The former building was erected in 1780 at the place where the rafts were tied together during the modification of the Pohořský Stream channel. This place was originally called Obere-Zeuhütten, meaning the upper point where the rafts are tied together. It is located not far from the Jiřice timber rafting dam (approximately one kilometre downstream) where the timber rafting and log driving started more than 250 years ago.

GPS position

N 48° 37.824', E 14° 39.507'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Česká geografická společnost
Mgr. Petra Karvánková, Ph.D.
Katedra geografie PF JU v Českých Budějovicích, Jeronýmova 10, 371 15 České Budějovice
Tel.:+420 387 773 063
e-mail:karvikus@seznam.cz
http://