česky english deutsch <<< >>>

ČGS South Bohemia


The still existing part of the colony can be found along the road leading from Pohorská Ves to Leopoldov beneath Terčí Dvůr. Originally, it was the Dominican friars´ colony founded on the lands of the feudal farmyard in Lužnice by the Count F. L. Buquoy in 1740 for the charcoal-burners who used to burn the charcoal for the needs of surrounding glassworks. The village whose name was derived from that had 8 houses with 72 German inhabitants. The Pohořský Stream, on which the water mill with a saw-mill was built in 1780, flows through the colony. In connection with the disappearance of most glassworks, the local plant was extended with the wooden wire production section for making the matches in 1888. At the end of the World War II, the colony was inhabited as a result of the saw-mill existence only. By the way, the saw-mill is the only building of the whole Uhliště which has preserved to the present day.

GPS position

N 48° 39.323', E 14° 38.810'



Česká geografická společnost
Mgr. Petra Karvánková, Ph.D.
Katedra geografie PF JU v Českých Budějovicích, Jeronýmova 10, 371 15 České Budějovice
Tel.:+420 387 773 063