česky english deutsch <<< >>>

ČGS South Bohemia

Pohorská Village - Theresiendorf

In 1769, the original colony was founded by Johann Buquoy who named it after his wife, the Countess Therese. The village was founded as a lumberjack colony on the lands belonging to the farmyard in Lužnice. Originally, there were only two houses in the village and the next houses were not built until the log driving started. Until 1945, the village was a part of the Buquoy´s demesne called Nové Hrady. The Terčí Ves colony became the village in the 50´s of 20th century and it was renamed to Pohorská Ves (Pohorská Village). Since its early existence, the colony was predominantly settled by the people of the German origin. In 1910, 365 Germans were already living here in 42 houses. After the forcible transfer of the Germans between 1945 and 1946, the colony became a home for a variety of nationalities – the Romanian Czechs and Slovaks, the Hungarians, the Bulgarians, the Gipsies and the Czechs coming from the inland. Also a few Germans remained here.

GPS position

N 48° 40.220', E 14° 38.867'



Česká geografická společnost
Mgr. Petra Karvánková, Ph.D.
Katedra geografie PF JU v Českých Budějovicích, Jeronýmova 10, 371 15 České Budějovice
Tel.:+420 387 773 063