česky english deutsch <<< >>>

ČGS South Bohemia

Smetanova Lhota

The village of Smetanova Lhota lies in the Písek district in the small Skalice and Lomnice river basin. The first written reference to the village dates back to 1384, but the village was probably founded as early as in the 12th century. The village belonged to the Varvažov demesne of the Military Order of Malta. The village maintained its original plan view of the artificially set estate with a large elliptical village green with a duck pond in the middle. The baroque chateau Karlov, classified as a national protected monument, can also be found nearby the village of Smetanova Lhota. It was built as a hunting lodge by the count Bohumil Bissingen in the 18th century. Afterwards, it became the property of the noble family of Wratislav of Mitrowitz and was then owned by the Schwarzenberg family from the Orlík chateau between 1842 and 1948.

GPS position

N 49° 26.876', E 14° 5.179'
[GPX]

[MAPY.CZ]

Contact

Česká geografická společnost
Mgr. Petra Karvánková, Ph.D.
Katedra geografie PF JU v Českých Budějovicích, Jeronýmova 10, 371 15 České Budějovice
Tel.:+420 387 773 063
e-mail:karvikus@seznam.cz
http://